Autumn is here and so is Week#33 in my pregnancy. I love autumn and I also love that I happen to be pregnant during this time of the year. I couldn’t be more in love with its colours, especially when it comes to creating and experimenting with the new collection All Dressed Up. Remembering all the little details of my pregnancy is something I aim to, and even though here in Greece we don’t celebrate Halloween, I am determined to make use of most of the elements, papers and cards of this collection to create an autumnal feeling in my Pregnancy Traveler’s Notebook. As a hybrid scrapbooker I love touching paper and photos with my hands and a digital collection makes my life easier because I can select and print anything I want in any kind of paper I prefer.
For this layout I am using my Traveler’s Notebook which is basically my pregnancy notebook. Every week I write down memories, doctors’ appointments and other things I want to remember from this pregnancy. I usually write on the left page and on the right page I scrapbook my memories. So, if you want to have some fun with scrapbooking in a Traveler’s Notebook just read below!
Tips for an autumn layout in a Traveler’s Notebook:
- Find your Autumn theme (whether being pregnant or not :P)
- Take pictures of what this time of the year means to you. Take a look at the place around you and decide what you would really like to remember.
- Go home and make a cup of tea, then gather your supplies and print them out.
- Decide on two main colours. I chose a black and white background, then deep red and this mustard yellow/green. I think the last two match perfectly with autumn, don’t you think?
- Select or print your photos, the ones you truly want to remember from this time of year.
- Mix and match your elements. Don’t be afraid to place many of them and then take them out, it’s so nice experimenting!
- Add some writing if you like in the scrapbooking area too!
- Ta daaah! Your artwork is ready!
You see? Even if you don’t celebrate Halloween, or even if you do but still want to create an autumn layout, it’s easy to do it with the All Dressed Up Collection. It is so worth keeping memories alive, especially from those moments that we think are not important, like a day during pregnancy or a day in the park. In my opinion, these are the moments with which you can have more scrapbooking options and experiment.